Featured post

Wednesday 25 January 2017

Cristiano Ronaldo Snub Critics Who Compare Him & Messi, "Am Not Here To Make My Detractors Happy"


As the heated debate over who the best football player is between Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi continues to resonate on media headlines, the Real Madrid world champion expressed that he's not interested in trying to please his critics.
The 31-year old claims that comparisons have even been targeted at his and Barca star, Messi's sons. 
In 2016, Ronaldo beat Messi to the Ballon d'Or and inaugural; the Best FIFA Men's Player awards for 2016 after winning the Champions League and Euro 2016 for club and country. But contrary to what most people might think, the Madrid forward said he enjoys a cordial relationship with his rival.
According to him, there's little point in being compared with Lionel Messi, but he accepts that talk of a rivalry is embedded in modern football.
"I have a normal relationship with him. People compare us all the time, it's normal," he said."They even compared our sons when they were born, who is quicker at school... it's part of the business.
"He tries to do his best for the team and I do the same for mine.
"We're rivals because we play for different clubs, but when we're together there's a mutual respect.
Ronaldo who was named MVP for 2016 by Chinese site Dongqiudi said the word 'compare' does not exist for him.
"But I don't think you can compare things. Cristiano is Cristiano and Messi is Messi," he continued. We're both great players. The individual and collective titles speak for themselves.
"I don't like to compare; this word doesn't exist for me. We're different, two people doing their job. That's all."
As on the world's most celebrated champions, Ronaldo has suffered a dip in form that has prompted a backlash from some Madrid fans. While Messi, on his part, took his tally for the season to 28 goals in 26 games in Barcelona's 4-0 LaLiga win over Eibar last Sunday, January 22.
During an interview ahead of Madrid's crucial Copa del Rey quarter-final second leg against Celta Vigo at Balaidos, the Portuguese said,
"It doesn't matter to me. I just try to do my job. Everyone has people they hate, it's not only me. It's part of the job.
"I go to bed every day in a good mood. I sleep well every night. I'm not here to make my detractors happy, I'm here to make my supporters happy, the ones who show me respect and affection, who are with me all the time. That's the most important thing for me."

No comments: