Featured post

Saturday 18 November 2017

Tennis Player Serena Williams Weds Reddit Founder, Alexis Ohanian

Serena Williams

Serena Williams
American Professional tennis player, Serena Williams has finally wedded in a grand, fairytale ceremony on Thursday, November 16, at the Contemporary Arts Center of New Orleans.

The white wedding ceremony was inspired by the Beauty and the Beast, with the yellow motif and roses. Serena's dress drew on classic Disney styles, with a princess gown, topped off with a lace cape.

Serena Williams
It's been 11 weeks since the new couple gave birth to their first child, Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr. (two-month-old)

Quests include close family members and of course, celebrities; Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, Kelly Rowland, LaLa Anthony and Ciara were all in attendance at the wedding.

See Also: Lionel Messi Weds Antonella Roccuzzo: Facts About The Footballer's Wedding

The Proposal

Serena Williams and husband, Alexis Ohanian met 18 months ago by chance at a cafe in Rome and just as expected, their love story has to be sealed up with a marriage proposal. 
Speaking in an interview with Vogue, the new bride shared the story:
'I came home one day to find my bags already packed for me, and I had absolutely no idea where I was going until I got on the flight,
Alexis flew me out to Rome, back to the exact table where we'd met. We were both really nervous but also excited to take this huge step. It was such a beautiful moment.' 
The couple wrote their own vows for the ceremony and Alexis called Serena his queen with promises of a lifetime together as a family.
''You are the greatest of all time, not just in sport,' he said. 'I'm talking about as a mother and as a wife. I am so excited to write so many more chapters of our fairy tale together," he said.
"And my whole life I didn't even realize it, but I was waiting for this moment. And everything that I have done, everything that I am so proud of in my career, and in my life, for the last 34 years, pales in comparison to what we're doing today.

'And I am so grateful, and I am so in love.'
See Also: African Model Mimic Major Fashion Ads To Campaign Against Racial Disparity

The museum was decorated with flowers, plus Chandeliers encased in gold birdcages, trophy-style place cards, and the 'black lamé' table linens achieved this goal.

The band played 'Be Our Guest' from Beauty and the Beast as the guests were led into the dining area. But before the guests ate, Serena changed into a second dress; one made by Versace, and afterwards Mr and Mrs Ohanian danced to Tale As Old As Time.

Serena Williams

No comments: